Although golden white slate is a strong and durable material, accident and damages happen at times. One of the reasons why slate stone tiles get damaged is inadequate installation.
Be it whichever reason, if your golden white slate stone tile has cracked, it doesn’t mean you have to replace the entire floor tile. There are tricks and hacks you can learn to replace the cracked golden white slate stone. See the following pointers –
- Make sure you have the replacement tile(s).
- Remove the old, existing grout.
- Beat the cracked tile with a hammer. Use a 5 inch nail or a chisel to crack and take out the damaged tile.
- Remove the old mortar or tile adhesive.
- Collect the chips and debris.
- Clean the space, where the new tile has to be installed. Use a brush for it.
- Mix fresh tile adhesive, as required.
- Apply the adhesive on the back of the tile. Ensure that the adhesive covers the entire rear side of the new slate tile.
- Place the tile in the space.
- Press it gently and most importantly, evenly. So it levels the existing tile pattern.
- Align the tile with grout lines on the tiled pattern.
- Allow 24 hours before grouting.
- Remove excess grout.
- And wait for another 24 hours before using your golden white slate floor.
There you have it. It is a simple job, however, you will the right set of tools to keep it easier.
Looking for golden white slate stone tiles? ShadesOfStone.com offers a brand new range of slate stone tiles at unbeatable pricing. Visit today!